Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have lost at all..

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

----
I believe that's true, not just that, i believe in it in an even greater sense. I ask myself a question, " Should anything that enriches you, be considered a loss at anypoint of time? " I know I can't reason that, only that it was good. I can't deny I expected it to be more, much, much more than what it was eventually, compared to that expectation it maybe a loss, but in true sense it wasn't, I gained a lot. Furthermore, calling it my expectation would be wrong, for I hadn't advanced to that, it was a wish, a very strong and hearty wish.
Now, that sounds convincing, even to me. So I wonder, shouldn't I be happy? Many voices say yes at the same time.. no effect. I wonder if I or anyone should be sad? And then the voices cry out.. But again in vain. I feel demotivated, sick, empty and void and I can't overcome it, 'cause there's nothing to help me with that, 'cause I don't want to get over it. I kind of have started getting used to the pain, and another change is undesirable, not so early. I am lost and I can't face the world right now so I am in favour of staying at this lost space, alone, free, and empty, this emptiness though, it's actually so full, so huge, so predominant it makes everything so difficult. But one thing I know, and I've known this forever, I, like every other individual need to believe in something, which would define me, and for me that belief is goodness, and whatever happens I won't let that change. Though many things have changed, actually the things haven't changed my point of view has changed, but this belief in goodness I will try my best not to let it be affected. For that I won't hold any ill feelings, any remorse, any regret. I will see positive, and with time I hope my attitude changes likewise. That will be good for people around me, and in itself this can be a very strong motivation, specially for the kind of person I am. I may have already started to look forward, at the same time my conscience, my soul will make me glance back at all times. Am glad :-)

No comments: